[ovirt-users] oVirt Hosted Engine and gluster mount -> native nfs?

Andrew Lau andrew at andrewklau.com
Fri May 2 05:30:47 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm having many issues with the inbuilt gluster nfs server (crashing
and disconnecting). I was wondering, if anyone's tried exporting the
gluster mount through glusterfs and then running a NFS server locally?

eg.
storage servers (gluster) -> hypervisor (gluster client -> export nfs
of gluster client)

Does this pose any issues with sanlock if there are then multiple nfs
servers? I've been simply mounting the nfs servers as
localhost:/hosted-engine as it means another host can die without
effecting the nfs connection. My only concern would be regarding
sanlock/nfslock as there'd be multiple NFS servers.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Andrew