[ovirt-users] Public key for python-websockify-0.5.1-1.el6.noarch.rpm is not installed

Sven Kieske S.Kieske at mittwald.de
Fri May 2 13:31:31 UTC 2014

I believe Sandro didn't use the correct way to solve this problem.

essentially you got a gpg key error, because ovirt packages are now
signed and you need to install the key, following is my
complete upgrade from 3.3.3 to 3.4.1 RC which contains the necessary
steps, please adjust where appropriate:

#this is needed for yum-config-manager:
yum install yum-utils
yum install http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release33.rpm

#move old repo of 3.3.3 away if you ever need it:
mv /etc/yum.repos.d/el6-ovirt.repo /root/el6-ovirt.repo.bak

#get the new key for ovirt:
wget -O /root/RPM-GPG-ovirt
http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/keys/RPM-GPG-ovirt
#install the key:
rpm --import /root/RPM-GPG-ovirt
yum update ovirt-engine-setup

ovirt-engine-setup

#follow on screen instructions
#-->3.3.5(latest) installed

yum install http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release34.rpm

#adjust the repo file by hand so it looks like this:
cat /etc/yum.repos.d/ovirt-3.4.repo
[ovirt-3.4-stable]
name=Latest oVirt 3.4 Release
baseurl=http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-3.4/rpm/el$releasever/
enabled=0
skip_if_unavailable=1
gpgcheck=1

[ovirt-3.4-rc]
name=Latest oVirt 3.4 RC
baseurl=http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-3.4-rc/rpm/el6
enabled=1
skip_if_unavailable=1
gpgcheck=0

yum update "ovirt-engine-setup*"

engine-setup

PS: The current way the gpg key gets served is useless, because
you can't verify that the key is the correct key as it could easily
be changed by any attacker, as it doesn't get served via https.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen