[ovirt-users] iso-uploader with hosted-engine

Andrew Lau andrew at andrewklau.com
Sun May 4 04:17:51 UTC 2014

Hi Garry,

I hope I understand your case here, the terminology is a little "different".

Adding the hosted-engine to the gluster network is an interesting
approach I tried. It works to an extent but will have issues with
quorum (depending on your setup).

Anyway try this:

# Generate random UUID and MAC Address - or create your own by hand..
yum -y install python-virtinst
echo  'import virtinst.util ; print
virtinst.util.uuidToString(virtinst.util.randomUUID())' | python
echo  'import virtinst.util ; print virtinst.util.randomMAC()' | python

hosted-engine --set-maintenance --mode=global

# On all installed hosts
nano /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/vm.conf
# insert under earlier nicModel
# replace macaddress and uuid from above
# increment slot
devices={nicModel:pv,macAddr:00:16:3e:j1:4b:22,linkActive:true,network:storage_network,filter:vdsm-no-mac-spoofing,specParams:{},deviceId:fds24208-a234-z123-6053-32c9c0361f96,address:{bus:0x00,slot:0x04,
domain:0x0000, type:pci,function:0x0},device:bridge,type:interface}

hosted-engine --vm-shutdown
hosted-engine --vm-start

hosted-engine --set-maintenance --mode=none

Now your hosted-engine VM should come up with another NIC, this'll
work for modifying your existing hosts. But I'm not sure how to apply
this to the answers file if you were to add a new host to the
configuration.

HTH