[ovirt-users] Users seeing all vm's

Einav Cohen ecohen at redhat.com
Tue May 6 20:45:10 UTC 2014

Hi Jeff,

* I assume that we are talking about the User Portal,
not the web-admin (to which the user cannot even log
into, according to the permissions that you specified).

* a permission is a triplet of role, user and object.
according to what you are saying, the user's permission is:
- role: Copy_of_UserRole [contains "Remote Log" only (???)]
- user: user
- object: ???

what is the object with which the user's permission
is associated? I suspect it is "System", which would
explain why the users sees all of the VMs in his user-
portal (permissions inheritance, as you suspected: all
VMs are "descendants" of "System", therefore permissions
on "System" are propagated to the VMs within the system)

* are there any additional permissions for this user? a
screen-shot of the user's "Permissions" sub-tab in the
User's main tab in the web-admin would be helpful.

* does the user belong to any group that has permissions
on the system? if so, this user could be inheriting these
permissions from that group.

* are you sure that the "Copy_of_UserRole" role contains
only the "Remote Log" action? if not - that can explain
why the user is able to perform actions on the VMs other
than "Remote Log".

----
Thanks,
Einav