[ovirt-users] feedback-on-oVirt-engine-3.4.0-1.el6

Tamás Millián tamas.millian at gmail.com
Mon May 5 09:01:21 UTC 2014

Hey,

I noticed that if I create a template and virtual machine based on that
template the cloud-init configuration of the VM will always mirror the
template's. It can not even be changed in the VM's settings. This is not
very handy for the network part where static IP's may be set. This seems to
apply to the "run-once" option too, even if I specify different options,
half of them just seem to get lost in the process.

The steps I did to end up here:
1, import the CentOS machine (7df3c30) from the public ovirt-image
repository as a template
2, update the template configuration and enable cloud-init with some
settings and a custom script
3, create a VM based on the template
4, try to edit the VM and change the cloud-init configuration <-- the
dialog disappears after saving, but the settings are unchanged
5, try to run the vm with the run-once options and change the cloud-init
configuration in the pop-up <-- the vm starts and the configuration does
not seem to have changed

Is this the expected behaviour or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Tamás