[ovirt-users] change disk size using a thin provision based template

Tamer Lima tamer.americo at gmail.com
Thu May 8 18:52:33 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am making some tests and this time I want to reduce the disk size before
create a new vm (in the "new vm" window )

test:
1) click on "new VM"
2) select template (centos6.5 , 6GB, 500GB HD , 2 cores)
3) resource allocation : select "preallocated disk"
4) change disk size <<<< it is not possible !

Why I can not change disk size ?

I know it is based on template who had already  defined (500GB), but  this
template in fact  has only 4GB of actual size in "thin provisioning"
"allocation policy" .

thanks

tamer