[ovirt-users] getVdsCapabilites unexpected exception [was: Re: AIO 3.4 on fedora 19 initial errors before coming up]

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sun May 11 18:18:42 UTC 2014

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 4:10 PM, Roy Golan <rgolan at redhat.com> wrote:

> The vm will stay in "Waiting.." as the getVdsCaps is failing and the
> monitoring of Vms will not take place.
> need to fix this "Unexpected error" first. is it a matter of ssl enabled
> configuration for host communication? i.e. can you try vdsClient -s 0
> getVdsCaps ?

I didn't change anything on this server.
It is an all-in-one config so both engine and vdsm host are on it.
Yesterday and every previous day I was able to start the system and start
the VM; I only applied the yum update command yeseterday
(with --exclude=sos due to the opened bug) and then I made shutdown of the
system.
Today after startup I got this problem.

[root at tekkaman vdsm]# vdsClient -s 0 getVdsCaps
Unexpected exception

it seems the error in vdsm.log when I run the command above is of this type:

Thread-25::ERROR::2014-05-11
20:18:02,202::BindingXMLRPC::1086::vds::(wrapper) unexpected error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/BindingXMLRPC.py", line 1070, in wrapper
    res = f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/BindingXMLRPC.py", line 393, in getCapabilities
    ret = api.getCapabilities()
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/API.py", line 1185, in getCapabilities
    c = caps.get()
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/caps.py", line 369, in get
    caps.update(netinfo.get())
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/netinfo.py", line 557, in
get
    netAttr.get('qosOutbound'))
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/netinfo.py", line 487, in
_getNetInfo
    ipv4addr, ipv4netmask, ipv6addrs = getIpInfo(iface)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/netinfo.py", line 317, in
getIpInfo
    ipv6addrs = devInfo.get_ipv6_addresses()
SystemError: error return without exception set