[ovirt-users] New problem with hosted-engine during "Configuring the management bridge"

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Thu May 15 15:56:48 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 04:20:09PM +0200, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Il 15/05/2014 16:09, Bob Doolittle ha scritto:

> >> If this command works, hosted-engine setup should not fail on it.
> >> The setup doesn't touch anything related to multipathd.
> >
> > Sorry but that is not strictly correct.
> > You can see the code in multipath.py (setupMultipath()) that writes a new multipath.conf file just before it tries to restart the service.
> > It looks like it's trying to modify the scsi_id_path.
> >
> > So when I run it by hand, I am using the original multipath.conf file. When it is run during hosted-engine setup, it is with a modified version.
> > My efforts in modifying the python have been to try to capture that modified version, so that I can exercise it by hand and see what's wrong.
>
> If something is configuring it, it must be vdsm-tool:

As I've noted ealier on this thread, that's not correct, unfortunately:
    Bug 1076531 - vdsm overwrites multipath.conf at every startup

> In hosted-engine setup code there's a call to "vdsm-tool configure --force".

However, it's possible to copy the vdsm-sactioned multipath.conf from
one host to another, and try `systemctl reload multipathd.service`.

Please look into journalctl for hints on why it has failed.