[ovirt-users] Recovering from an aborted hosted-engine --deploy

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Fri May 16 19:15:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

I had an issue at the end of my hosted-engine --deploy.

My VM was stuck during OS installation because I was unable to configure
the network for some reason.

So I chose the final option "3" to abort the deployment.

Now, I seem to be stuck. If I try to re-run --deploy it says it's
already installed.

If I try to run --vm-status, it says:
Cannot connect to the HA daemon, please check the logs.

But it's not clear what logs I should look at to get more info.

I've attached the most recently modified logs. I can't get useful
information out of them I'm afraid.
There is no log for /var/log/ovirt-hosted-engine-ha

Any clues?

Thanks,
     Bob