[ovirt-users] Hosted engine problem - Engine VM will not start

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Tue May 20 18:43:24 UTC 2014

On 05/20/2014 10:41 AM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Il 20/05/2014 16:36, Bob Doolittle ha scritto:

>>> I see ovirt-hosted-engine-setup logs, not /var/log/ovirt-engine/host-deploy logs.
>> Oh sorry - from the engine then. Attached.
>>
>> But my problem is with the firewall on the host.
>>
>> I cannot NFS mount a share on the host (e.g. my Data Domain) on the engine.
>> In this case the host is the NFS server, and the engine is the NFS client.
>> Only the host firewall should be relevant, correct?
>>
>> Maybe what you are saying is that hosted-engine does not attempt to configure the iptables on the host to allow NFS shares?
> Yes, to be clear:
> ovirt-hosted-engine-setup just enable ports for spice / vnc connection from remote host to VM while performing OS install on the VM.
> Once the VM is installed ovirt-engine configure iptables on the host using ovirt-host-deploy package when the host is added to the engine.
> If you need other services on the host running the hosted engine you'll need to configure manually iptables.

Thanks,

Jirka - since Sandro says this NFS issue is irrelevant to Hosted
operation, do you have any other suggestions or can I provide any
additional data to help diagnose why my configuration is non-operational?
I will eventually want to fix this and add Data and Export domains from
my host, but for the moment it appears no NFS exports from the host are
required for oVirt operation.
So where are my domains? :)

Thanks,
     Bob