[ovirt-users] password with the "&" character not valid during engine-setup

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Fri May 30 12:56:23 UTC 2014

Hello,

It is not the first time I've noticed that I couldn't choose the
password of my own when running engine-setup. I'm used to build my
passsords with "&" and each time I choose this one for the db postgres
user or the adminb account, engine-setup accept it, but it not usable
anymore when trying to log on. I 've found the same issuewhen installing
engine-reports, it was aboslutely impossible to log in the report portal.
When I change this password into an other one without this character, it
works as expected.
My keyboard is a french one using fr_FR.UTF8 encoding, but I've never
met any other issue expect this one.
Is "&" bad interpreted or does it act as a separator character?

--
Nathanaël Blanchet

Supervision réseau
Pôle exploitation et maintenance