[ovirt-users] Fwd: Integration of ovirt-engine GUI with the CLI

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Tue Nov 4 23:37:21 UTC 2014

On 11/04/2014 01:54 PM, Nikita Kodkani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To add further...
> I read it somewhere on google, that to execute the shell commands in the
> JavaScript we have to use node.js at the backend.
>
> We don't want to spend time on learning the technology in this time frame.
>
> -Does ovirt-engine provide API's for executing the shell commands?

its the other way around - the cli/shell commands are using the engine
python-sdk, which uses the engine REST API.

if your solution is html/javascript based, i think using ovirt.js (which
wraps calling to the engine rest api 'nicely', vs. you doing it yourself
from your code) is the way to go.

http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2014-June/025198.html
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Design/Using_REST_API_In_Web_UI
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/devel/2014-August/008502.html