[ovirt-users] replace ovirt engine host

Matt . yamakasi.014 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 22:49:12 UTC 2014

Hi,

Actually it's very simple as described in the docs.

Just stop the engine, make a backup, copy it over, place it back and
start it. You can do this in a several of ways.

ISO domains is which I would remove and recreate again. ISO domains
are actually dumb domains, so nothing can go wrong.

Did it some time ago because I needed more performance.

VDSM can run without the engine, it doesn't need it as the egine
monitors and does the commands, so when it's not there... VM's just
run (until you make them die yourself :))

I would give it 15-30 min/

Cheers,

Matt