[ovirt-users] Multiple NICs on hosted engine?

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Mon Nov 17 18:46:46 UTC 2014

Once upon a time, Darrell Budic <budic at onholyground.com> said:
> Glad it worked. Make sure you add it to the vm.conf file on all your ha hosts, otherwise you’ll drop it if ha-agent restarts it as opposed to a migration. Wasn’t clear if you’d done that or not.

Based on some other notes I found via Google, here's what I did (for the
archives):

- Created the network in the UI
- hosted-engine --set-maintenance --mode=global
- edited /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/vm.conf; duplicated the existing
  network line, changing the MAC, UUID, and network name (changed on all
  hosted-engine nodes)
- hosted-engine --vm-shutdown
- hosted-engine --vm-start
- hosted-engine --set-maintenance --mode=none

That appears to be working correctly.

I did then figure out that I probably didn't need it, at least for what
I thought: power management.  I didn't realize that the engine doesn't
talk to the IPMI devices directly, that it instead proxies through a
node.
--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>