[ovirt-users] No utilization data on Ovirt report 3.4

Scott Worthington scott.c.worthington at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 14:59:18 UTC 2014

On 11/25/2014 5:10 AM, Shirly Radco wrote:
> Hi Scott, Chandrahasa,
>
> Did you manage to resolve this issue?
>
> Best regards,
> ---
> Shirly Radco
> BI Software Engineer
> Red Hat Israel Ltd.

Hello,

Running 3.5.0 DWH and Reports here (not HE, All-in-One).

I have confirmed that data is being collected:

# su - postgres
$ pgsql ovirt_engine_history

ovirt_engine_history=#

SELECT DISTINCT(vm_disk_id)
FROM v3_5_statistics_vms_disks_resources_usage_hourly
ORDER BY vm_disk_id ;

# From above query, I see data is being collected for disks

# From below query, I can see data is being collected for the disks that are
assigned to the VM guest:

SELECT history_datetime, vm_disk_id , read_rate_bytes_per_second,
write_rate_bytes_per_second
FROM  v3_5_statistics_vms_disks_resources_usage_hourly
WHERE vm_disk_id IN
(
'UUID-DISK-A',
'UUID-DISK-B',
'UUID-DISK-C',
'UUID-DISK-D',
'UUID-DISK-E',
'UUID-DISK-F',
'UUID-DISK-G',
'UUID-DISK-H',
'UUID-DISK-I',
'UUID-DISK-J'
)
ORDER BY history_datetime, vm_disk_id
;

However, in the report "BR10C" "Single Virtual Machine Resources (Hour of
Day)", the "Top Five Busiest Disks Usage by Hour of Day" reports "No Data
Available".  How do I troubleshoot the report that is creating that table?

The data does exist in v3_5_statistics_vms_disks_resources_usage_hourly.  Yes
-- the VM guest does have ten (10) disks.

Thanks in advance.