[ovirt-users] what should be the output of the default iptables rules?

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 10:24:56 UTC 2014

‏You can look within /usr/share/ovirt-engine/dbscripts/upgrade/pre_upgrade/0000_config.sql for last instance of the value you seek (in most cases).

IPTablesConfig:
---
# oVirt default firewall configuration. Automatically generated by vdsm bootstrap script.
*filter
:INPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
:FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
-A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p icmp -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
# vdsm
-A INPUT -p tcp --dport @VDSM_PORT@ -j ACCEPT
# SSH
-A INPUT -p tcp --dport @SSH_PORT@ -j ACCEPT
# snmp
-A INPUT -p udp --dport 161 -j ACCEPT

@CUSTOM_RULES@

# Reject any other input traffic
-A INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
-A FORWARD -m physdev ! --physdev-is-bridged -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
COMMIT
---