[ovirt-users] ovirt-shell

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Fri Oct 3 13:43:14 UTC 2014

On 10/03/2014 02:45 PM, Koen Vanoppen wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I wanted to connected to the ovirt-shell; But I get following error:
>
> The host name "ovirt.brusselsairport.aero
> <http://ovirt.brusselsairport.aero>" contained in the URL doesn't match
> any of the names in the server certificate.

This means that there is mismatch between the host name that you use and
the name contained in the certificate used by the engine web server.
This check is a typical security measure to avoid man in the middle
attacks when using SSL. I'd suggest you check the certificate of used by
the web server. In my environment, for example:

  # grep '^SSLCertificateFile' /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf
  SSLCertificateFile /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/certs/apache.cer

  # openssl x509 -in /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/certs/apache.cer -subject
-noout
  subject= /C=US/O=Example Inc./CN=ovirt.example.com

The relevant part here is the CN, it should match the name that you put
in the "url" parameter of the ovirt-shell.

If for whatever the reason you still want to connect using an incorrect
host name you can do so setting the "insecure" parameter to True.

> My config file:
> [cli]
> autoconnect = True
> autopage = True