[ovirt-users] Proper way to change and persist vdsm configuration options

Yuriy Demchenko demchenko.ya at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 12:22:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

sorry for digging up an old tread, but I have a problem with proposed
way to preserve vdsm.conf between host redeployments
I've created a file /etc/ovirt-host-deploy.conf.d/migration-bw.conf on
ovirt-engine with contents:
[environment:enforce]
VDSM_CONFIG/vars/migration_max_bandwidth=str:300
Then i've tried to add a new host via GUI - it was added, but with
default vdsm.conf, i.e. without my custom option "migration_max_bandwidth"
Also tried to restart ovirt-engine and reinstalling host - same result,
no custom options, only default vdsm.conf content.
Am i missing something?

Freshly installed ovirt 3.5-pre, centos 6.5 as engine, centos7 as hosts

Yuriy Demchenko