[ovirt-users] iSCSI - recommended LUN size?

Anthony Alba ascanio.alba7 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 01:46:28 UTC 2014

Some noob questions on iSCSI as I am doing an evaluation on NFS vs iSCSI.

1. Is there a best practices guide to LUN sizing for oVirt? E.g.
N x 200G, N x 500G, N x 1 TB.

http://www.ovirt.org/Quick_Start_Guide#Create_an_iSCSI_Data_Domain
"oVirt platform supports iSCSI storage domains spanning multiple
pre-defined Logical Unit Numbers (LUNs)."

2. Since we can extend the storage domain, I was thinking of  multiples of 200G.
Any reason not to do it this way?

>From the mailing list:
 https://www.mail-archive.com/users@ovirt.org/msg13638.html

"please note:
- you can extend a *storage domain* by adding an extra LUN to it from
  ovirt-engine."

3. Any production experience with LIO target/targetcli as backend?

Thanks!
- Anthony