[ovirt-users] Fwd: [ovirt-devel] usage of the foreman / limitations of puppet

Frank Wall fw at moov.de
Thu Oct 30 14:18:43 UTC 2014

Hi Sven,

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 02:35:54PM +0100, Sven Kieske wrote:
> I just wanted to ask if there are some plans to also
> support other automation tools like salt, chef, cfengine
> or others, because puppet is imho not a good tool for
> large environments performance wise.

actually Foreman has support for puppet, chef and saltstack.
Although it's support may differ in maturity it should be in a usable
state.

Regarding puppet performance issues... did you read about Puppet Server?
http://puppetlabs.com/blog/puppet-server-bringing-soa-to-a-puppet-master-near-you

> Are there any opinions or plans within the ovirt community
> regarding this topic?

Maybe you should have a talk with the Foreman team over in #theforeman
on irc.freenode.net.

Regards
- Frank