[ovirt-users] lost connectivty to the ovirt-engine after adding host

Ramon Ramirez-Linan rlinan at navteca.com
Sun Sep 14 02:01:04 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am working on a proof of concept using using oVirt and ManageIQ.

I have a CentOS6.5 where I deployed libvirt, I create a VM where I deployed
oVirt 3.4. I was trying to add the host where the VM with oVirt resides.
After much troubleshooting I was able to add the host but now the oVirt VM
is owned by a user vdsm which I dont know the password for, so I can't
start the VM with oVirt.

This is the result of running virsh list
====================
$virsh list
Please enter your authentication name: vdsm at ovirt
Please enter your password:
error: Failed to reconnect to the hypervisor
error: no valid connection
error: authentication failed: authentication failed
 ========================

I added another user with the command
------------
saslpasswd2 -a libvirt [username]
------------

I used that username and password to connect and to do
------------
virsh list -all
------------

That shows the VM but If i try to start it it gives me an error like follows

error: Failed to start domain Cent6.5
error: internal error Process exited while reading console log output: char
device redirected to /dev/pts/1
qemu-kvm: -drive
file=/ovirt/test/virtlive01/miq_demo/cent01.img,if=none,id=drive-virtio-disk0,format=raw,cache=none:
could not open disk image /ovirt/test/virtlive01/miq_demo/cent01.img:
Permission denied

Any ideas how can start that VM? is there a default password for the user
vdsm