[ovirt-users] numa error after upgrading from 3.5rc2 to 3.5rc3

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 11:38:26 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Dan Kenigsberg <danken at redhat.com> wrote:

> Clearly, there's a libvirt bug here. Maybe Michal and Martin (CC) can
> help with it.  I suspect that your `virsh capabilities` and the domxml
> you're trying to start, would assist him.

at this moment I have no access through the gui and I'm experimenting wit
rest api....
I have to always take opportunities out from problems;-)

the command
curl --insecure -u "admin at internal:my_password" -H "Content-type:
application/xml" -X GET https://ovirtmgr/api/vms

gives these lines at the end of the vm I'm using for test (actually all my
3 VMs have the same value for numa_tune_mode)

        <cpu_profile
href="/api/cpuprofiles/11c7f359-180c-47ea-8948-5344fbeabded"
id="11c7f359-180c-47ea-8948-5344fbeabded"/>
        <next_run_configuration_exists>false</next_run_configuration_exists>
        <numa_tune_mode>preferred</numa_tune_mode>
    </vm>

that seems indeed related with my error about "preferred" ...

Can I in any way change the "<numa_tune_mode>" parameter that the vm
automatically took?
WHat would be the rest api command if possible and what are the possible
parameters I can give for numa_tune_mode?
Or can I in any way delete this parameter for the VM?

Gianluca