[ovirt-users] accessing SPICE console when host not on management network

Jason Keltz jas at cse.yorku.ca
Thu Apr 2 18:57:35 UTC 2015

You call all of that configuration for accessing consoles, easy? :) :)
Engine should be able to set up the proxy automatically...   I haven't
used squid, so I have to look in more detail at the configuration that
you've provided.

I did find some other functionality which would have been much much
(much!)  easier for me to use had it worked.  I was able to Edit each
host, go to the "Console" tab, then click "Override display address",
and for display address enter the name of the node.  I did this for each
of my 3 nodes.  In theory, this should solve the problem.  Now, when
accessing the console via remote viewer, the file that is sent from the
engine includes the external IP of the node, so everything should work,
but it does not...
Here's what I see:

> (remote-viewer:20327): remote-viewer-DEBUG: Couldn't load
> configuration: File is empty
>
> (remote-viewer:20327): GSpice-WARNING **: Connection refused
>
> (firefox:20235): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to retrieve the file info for
> `file:///tmp/console.vv': Error stating file '/tmp/console.vv': No
> such file or directory

If I choose to save the file instead of opening it directly via remote
viewer, it does contain the proper hostname.   I can't telnet to port
5900 on the virt host though, which is odd.  I thought it might be
because the hypervisor firewall restricted the access, so I temporarily
cleared all the firewall rules on the one host.  That didn't work either.

If I could make this work, it would solve the problem for me.

Jason.