[ovirt-users] about testing scenario

Leandro Roggerone lroggerone at directvla.com.ar
Sun Apr 5 00:33:11 UTC 2015

Hello , Everyone; My name is Leandro.
I have been reading about virtualization features and Its benefits so Im
thinking about deploying a virtualized IP core enviroment.
Main services I will need to run are , dns , dhcp, radius , and openvpn.
Since I have never installed ovirt , I would like to deploy a
testing/learning scenario using two i5 with 6gb ram memory laptops.
My idea is to run the ovirt engine in one machine and at least 3 virtual
centos hosts in the other while I wait for the real servers.
I have no plan of deploying  any network storage.

Some questions come to my mind:
For the engine:
Is there any recommended iso/distro with the ovirt package or should I
use a machine with fedora/centos already installed  ?

For the node.
Is there any recommended iso/distro?
Where should I keep the iso file of the virtualized OS. (ex centos /
routerOS.)

Is it possible to deploy virtualized environment without network
storage? I would like to run everything locally.
My services requieres very fast i/o processing from the hard disk, My
consern is that since I have 1gb network interface, the process can
experience some delay or timeouts waiting data from the network.
That is why I would like to keep the storage locally.

I appreciate you help.
Regards.
Leandro.