[ovirt-users] bonding interfaces

Soeren Malchow soeren.malchow at mcon.net
Sun Apr 19 20:48:16 UTC 2015

Hi Bill,

First, i would strongly suggest that you check whether the interfaces are explcicitly NOT managed by NetworkManager, thats the way we do it.

We have something like this

—

DEVICE=ovirtmgmt
TYPE=Bridge
DELAY=0
STP=off
ONBOOT=yes
IPADDR=
NETMASK=
GATEWAY=
BOOTPROTO=none
DEFROUTE=yes
NM_CONTROLLED=no
HOTPLUG=no

----

And

—
DEVICE=bond0
BONDING_OPTS='miimon=100 updelay=0 downdelay=0 mode=802.3ad xmit_hash_policy=layer3+4'
BRIDGE=ovirtmgmt
ONBOOT=yes
NM_CONTROLLED=no
HOTPLUG=no
---

Physical interfaces

—

DEVICE=p3p3
HWADDR=
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes
ONBOOT=yes
MTU=1500
NM_CONTROLLED=no

—

And we actually create all the interfaces BEFORE ovirt installation even though the files will be regenerated after installing and configuring ovirt (vdsm)

That works like a charm for us

Cheers
Soeren