[ovirt-users] storage issue's with oVirt 3.5.1 + Nexenta NFS

InterNetX - Juergen Gotteswinter jg at internetx.com
Wed Apr 22 09:32:48 UTC 2015

Am 22.04.2015 um 11:12 schrieb Maikel vd Mosselaar:

> Our pool is configured as Z1 with ZIL (normal SSD), the sync parameter
> is on the default setting (standard) so "sync" is on.

for testing, i whould give zfs set sync=disabled pool/vol a shot. but as
i already said, thats nothing you should keep for production.

what i had in the past, too: the filer saturated the max lockd/nfs
processes (which are quite low in their default setting, dont worry to
push the nfs threads up to 512+. same goes for lockd)

to get your current values

sharectl get nfs

for example, one of my files which is pretty heavy hammered most of the
time through nfs uses this settings

servers=1024
lockd_listen_backlog=32
lockd_servers=1024
lockd_retransmit_timeout=5
grace_period=90
server_versmin=2
server_versmax=3
client_versmin=2
client_versmax=4
server_delegation=on
nfsmapid_domain=
max_connections=-1
protocol=ALL
listen_backlog=32
device=
mountd_listen_backlog=64
mountd_max_threads=16

to change them, use sharectl or throw it into /etc/system

set rpcmod:clnt_max_conns = 8
set rpcmod:maxdupreqs=8192
set rpcmod:cotsmaxdupreqs=8192

set nfs:nfs3_max_threads=1024