[ovirt-users] VM Live Backup

Soeren Malchow soeren.malchow at mcon.net
Fri Aug 7 07:53:35 UTC 2015

Hi,

To support Michael here (i think he knows the script i sent around already) having a builtin backup would be much nicer.
The current procedure (ovirt 3.5) involves not only snapshotting and exporting, but also a clone before the export which puts massive unnecessary load on the environment.

We have developers who can potentially develop such a backup procedure, however, we can not do this alone.

Do you guys think we could do something like that through crowfunding or who would be willing to participate in something like that ?

Regards
Soeren