[ovirt-users] vm status

InterNetX - Juergen Gotteswinter jg at internetx.com
Tue Aug 25 17:48:55 UTC 2015

if the vm is really down, you whould find this helpful

[root at portal dbscripts]# ./unlock_entity.sh -h
Usage: ./unlock_entity.sh [options] [ENTITIES]

    -h            - This help text.
    -v            - Turn on verbosity                         (WARNING:
lots of output)
    -l LOGFILE    - The logfile for capturing output          (def. )
    -s HOST       - The database servername for the database  (def.
localhost)
    -p PORT       - The database port for the database        (def. 5432)
    -u USER       - The username for the database             (def. engine)
    -d DATABASE   - The database name                         (def. engine)
    -t TYPE       - The object type {vm | template | disk | snapshot}
    -r            - Recursive, unlocks all disks under the selected
vm/template.
    -q            - Query db and display a list of the locked entites.
    ENTITIES      - The list of object names in case of vm/template,
UUIDs in case of a disk

    NOTE: This utility access the database and should have the
          corresponding credentals.

          In case that a password is used to access the database PGPASSWORD
          or PGPASSFILE should be set.

    Example:
        $ PGPASSWORD=xxxxxx ./unlock_entity.sh -t disk -q

[root at portal dbscripts]# pwd
/usr/share/ovirt-engine/dbscripts
[root at portal dbscripts]#