[ovirt-users] [Rest API / Python SDK] Setting VM Video Type

Ollie Armstrong ollie at fubra.com
Fri Dec 11 11:27:40 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a method of settings the VM's video type to QXL from
the Python SDK, which doesn't appear to be possible in any way.
Whenever I set the graphics protocol to VNC it defaults the video type
to CIRRUS.  I'd like to use QXL with VNC, which is possible to set
using the console's web UI.

Has anyone achieved this before?  Using the "SPICE + VNC" option with
QXL would also be acceptable, but the API doesn't seem to accept that
value for the graphics protocol.

Cheers,
Ollie