[ovirt-users] ovirst engine-setup fails because of apache

Fabrice Bacchella fabrice.bacchella at orange.fr
Tue Dec 15 17:04:44 UTC 2015

I'm using a custom apache implementation, so `service httpd restart` fails on my server.

And so:
 engine-setup --config-append=${answers_file}
fails with:
[ INFO  ] Restarting httpd
[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Closing up': Failed to start service 'httpd'

I could try to do OVESETUP_APACHE/httpdService="myapacheservice", but if fails for not very good technical reasons (my fault this one). OVESETUP_APACHE/httpdService=bool:False or OVESETUP_APACHE/enable=bool:False both fail too.

I try to find a way to prevent that in answer files, like : OVESETUP_APACHE/needRestart=bool:False. But this does nothing, I think it's rewritten latter.

Is there a way to prevent apache management or restart in ovirt installer ?