[ovirt-users] Import KVM/libvirt VMs to oVirt

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Dec 20 11:51:25 UTC 2015

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 12:24:08PM +0200, Yedidyah Bar David wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 12:13 PM,  <ovirt at timmi.org> wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > finally I managed to install oVirt on my new server and so far it is really
> > great.
> >
> > The next step on my side it to migrate VMs from another server
> > (KVM/libvirtd/virt-manager) to oVirt.
> > I was trying to find something in the documentation but so far no luck.
> >
> > Google was pointing me to tow options:
> >
> > - virt-v2v
> > - import-to-ovirt.pl (script from Richard WM Jones)
> >

> > Currently I'm trying to migrate a Win7 VM (with VirtIO) with import_to_ovirt
> > bzt I receive the following error message:
> > ./import-to-ovirt.pl: no operating system was found on the disk

The error means libguestfs doesn't think there is anything on your
source disk (disk.img), eg it is blank or there is no detectable
operating system on it.

  export LIBGUESTFS_DEBUG=1
  export LIBGUESTFS_TRACE=1
  ./import-to-ovirt.pl [....]

and capture the full output.  From that output it is possible to work
out why inspection of the source disk failed.

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW