[ovirt-users] uncaught exception with engine vm in 3.6.1 selecting hosted_storage

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Tue Dec 22 13:54:22 UTC 2015

On Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:32:22 AM Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Hello after updating from 3.6.0 to 3.6.1 my HE environment, I'm not able to
> import/activate the hosted_storage domain because it results anattached
> Moreover I get the popup message
>
> Uncaught exception occurred. Please try reloading the page. Details:
> (TypeError) __gwt$exception: <skipped>: c is null

Hi, this is a browser side exception so you won't find anything about it in the
logs on the server. However all is not lost. If you hover your mouse over the
popup it should show you a tooltip with the entire stack trace (alternatively
you can open up the browsers development tools (usually ctrl-shift-i) and look
at the console, the stack trace will be there too).

The stack trace will most likely look completely useless as well since all the
Javascript is obfuscated. However if you install the following package:

ovirt-engine-webadmin-portal-debuginfo

That will contain a symbolMap file. This file has a mapping from the obfuscated
symbols to the original code. Once you have the mapping file you can use the
obfuscated string in the stack trace to look up the original code. That will
help us determine exactly where the problem is.

I am guessing something went wrong on the backend causing the unattached
storage domain, which resulted in some unexpected state on the frontend that
caused the null pointer exception.

If you can provide us with the obfuscated stack trace, we can point to you
what to look for in the mapping file.