[ovirt-users] reporting and removing unmanaged networks after deprecating org.ovirt.engine.core.common.action.VdcActionType#SetupNetworks

Lior Vernia lvernia at redhat.com
Mon Feb 2 08:19:13 EST 2015

On 02/02/15 14:21, Martin Mucha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to discuss how to properly report unmanaged networks and how to ask for their removal after
> org.ovirt.engine.core.common.action.VdcActionType#SetupNetworks
> is removed.

We don't actually have to remove the command, but I'd prefer not to
support two APIs at once (reminding that we'll be introducing new host
networking API in 3.6).

If I'm not mistaken, removing unmanaged networks is the only operation
the current design of the new API doesn't take care of... Right Moti?

> We thought about several possibilities and so far the best one is following one.
>
> Reporting unmanaged networks on specific nic:
>
> We'd like to return new collection under:
> GET http://localhost:8080/api/hosts/{id}/nics/{id}/unmanagednetworks

In my opinion it might be more convenient at part of
/api/hosts/{id}/unmanagednteworks - maybe going deeper isn't necessary.