[ovirt-users] VDSM hook for setting DSCP bits?

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Wed Feb 11 13:53:02 UTC 2015

Once upon a time, Dan Yasny <dyasny at gmail.com> said:
> shouldn't be hard to do. Can you provide the details of what you need to
> happen to the VM exactly?
> - domxml changes
> - other host level changes
> - whether the VM should be able to live migrate

It looks like libvirt supports setting up DSCP bits with nwfilter, per:

https://libvirt.org/formatnwfilter.html

I will play with this some to see exactly how to use it (haven't tried
it before).  If that's the case, there shouldn't be any host-level
changes required.  I would want the VM to be able to live migrate still
(with the DSCP still applied).

I'll test this out on a bare libvirt VM and see if that'll do the job,
and report back with what XML is needed.

Thanks.