[ovirt-users] Restore VMs after engine fail

Raymond raymond at worteltje.nl
Sat Feb 14 09:16:30 UTC 2015

What I did when my engine was reinstalled

- Via CLI/bash : copy old VM data to new folder (/local/folder/storage/original_vm)
- CLI : check datastore for folders in /rhev/DC/storage
- GUI : create new VM with 512Gb thin provisioned disk
- CLI : check datastore and remember new created disk UUID (can also see this in GUI)
- CLI/bash : copy old disk from /local/folder/storage/original_vm to /rhev/dc/storage/UUID
- GUI : boot VM

regards
Raymond