[ovirt-users] Automation and engine-setup

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 06:29:07 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

I'd personally put this file elsewhere - /var/lib/ovirt-engine/ is owned by
the engine, should be considered semi-private - i.e. might change in the
future, cleaned up on upgrades etc. Not that any of this happens today, just
be on the safe side.

> However if I've already installed ovirt-engine and then install the packages
> for reports and re-run the above command it gets stuck at this step:
>
> [ INFO ] Stage: Setup validation
> During execution engine service will be stopped (OK, Cancel) [OK]:
>
> Since "Yes" is not a valid response my method does not work. Is there a flag
> I can provide in the answers file that would prevent the above prompt? I am
> semi familiar with using expect but was hoping to avoid using expect from
> within a Puppet module.

You should use an answer file specific to the exact state.

Run engine-setup manually without supplying an answer file, then use the
one generated.

You are welcome to open an RFE "engine-setup should have an option --accept-defaults"
or something like that.

Best,
--
Didi