[ovirt-users] Host in NonOperational mode ovirtmgmt network missing

Lars Nielsen lars at steinwurf.com
Tue Jan 13 08:20:20 UTC 2015

Hey I am new to oVirt, so please be patient

I have a problem, when setting up new hosts.
Doing the setup it self no problem, but afterwards the status is set to
NonOperational.
Do to the network ovirtmgmt is missing on the machine.

However I have added the following ifcfg file:
ifcfg-ovirtmgmt::
DEVICE=ovirtmgmt
TYPE=Bridge
ONBOOT=yes
DELAY=0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
IPADDR=192.168.1.10
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.0.1

And made the adjustments, so the ifcfg-en1, file looks like this:
TYPE="Ethernet"
#BOOTPROTO="dhcp"
DEFROUTE="yes"
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL="no"
IPV6INIT="yes"
IPV6_AUTOCONF="yes"
IPV6_DEFROUTE="yes"
IPV6_PEERDNS="yes"
IPV6_PEERROUTES="yes"
IPV6_FAILURE_FATAL="no"
NAME="em1"
UUID="bdc14160-3cb6-48d7-b8b9-a382dc384add"
ONBOOT="yes"
HWADDR="F8:B1:56:C1:F9:8E"
PEERDNS="yes"
PEERROUTES="yes"
BRIDGE=ovirtmgmt

I do realize that, the guides on the web for oVirt set BOOTPROTO to
static. But at the office, we do not have the possibility of static IP,
at the moment.

Can some one please tell me what could be wrong ?

- Lars