[ovirt-users] raw partition or LV access for migrated guests

David Mansfield ovirt at dm.cobite.com
Fri Jan 23 21:55:29 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm new to oVirt and I'm trying to investigate the feasibility of
migrating four (or more) centos 6 libvirt+qemu+kvm hosts into a new (not
yet created) oVirt environment.

In general, most of the guests are running off of disk images in
/var/lib/libvirt/images and from what I can tell there would be a fairly
straightforward migration path for these (I've read briefly about
virt-v2v and it looks promising).

However, we have a few DB server guests which, for performance reasons,
have direct access to host partitions (NOT lv, but actual host
partitions).  There are also a few machines which use a mapped LV as a
virtual disk.

Is this supported in oVirt?

Is there a migration path for these?

--