[ovirt-users] Cannot run specific VM in one node

Diego Remolina dijuremo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 04:45:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

Was wondering if I can get some help with this particular situation. I
have two ovirt cluster nodes. I had a VM running in node2 and tried to
move it to node1. The move failed and the machine was created and
paused in both nodes. I tried stopping migration, shutting down the
machine, etc but none of that worked.

So I decided to simply look for the process number and I killed it for
that VM. After that, I was not able to get the VM to run in any of the
nodes, so I rebooted them both.

At this point, the vm will *not* start in node2 at all. When I try to
start it, it just sits there and if I do:

virsh -r list

from the command line, the output says the vm state is "shut off".

I am able to user Run Once to fire up the VM in node 1, but I cannot
migrate it to node2.

How can I clear this problematic state for node 2?

Thanks,

Diego