[ovirt-users] virt-v2v

Patrick Russell patrick_russell at volusion.com
Fri Jul 31 16:00:01 UTC 2015

We didn’t use the iso at all. If you have vcenter, try something like this (note using vpx, etc):

virt-v2v -ic vpx://username@$vcenter_hostname/$DataCenterName/$ClusterName/$esxiHostName?no_verify=1 $VMName -o rhev -os $EXPORT_DOMAIN --bridge $NetworkNameinOvirt

Here’s our versions, using centos 7:

virt-v2v-1.28.1-1.28.el7.x86_64
qemu-kvm-common-rhev-2.1.2-13.el7.x86_64
qemu-img-rhev-2.1.2-13.el7.x86_64
qemu-kvm-rhev-2.1.2-13.el7.x86_64

-Patrick

On Jul 31, 2015, at 9:17 AM, Will K <yetanotherwill at yahoo.com<mailto:yetanotherwill at yahoo.com>> wrote:

Thank you guys.  It is good to hear that it works well.  I'll check out the URLs provided.

- My source is a ESXi 5.5 setup with vcenter.
- I think I'll try to the ISO option

The problem seems to be with SASL.  Even if I give it a fake vcenter hostname or non-existing virtual machine name, it still gives me the same error with SASL(-7)

I have ...
virt-v2v-0.9.1-5.el6_5.x86_64
qemu-kvm-0.12.1.2-2.415.el6_5.3.x86_64
qemu-img-0.12.1.2-2.415.el6_5.3.x86_64
qemu-kvm-tools-0.12.1.2-2.415.el6_5.3.x86_64

Will

On Friday, July 31, 2015 7:35 AM, Dan Kenigsberg <danken at redhat.com<mailto:danken at redhat.com>> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 09:57:46PM +0000, Will K wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a project to convert VMs on VMware ESX 5.5 and some VM on standalone KVM server to oVirt.  I started to look into virt-v2v.  I wonder if I'm hitting the right list.  Please let me know if this list doesn't cover virt-v2v.
> Issue:when I run the following command on one of two hosts running oVirt 3.3.3-2-el6
>     virt-v2v  -ic esx://esxserver1/?no_verify=1 -os GFS1 virtmachine1
> I got:virt-v2v: Failed to connect to qemu:///system: libvirt error code: 45, message: authentication failed: Failed to step SASL negotiation: -7 (SASL(-7): invalid parameter supplied: Unexpectedly missing a prompt result)
> I already added a .netrc which 600, correct oVirt login and password. I also ran saslpasswd2 as root already.
> Thanks
> Will

This, too, does not answer your question, but please be aware of a
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/virt-v2v_Integration coming up in
ovirt-3.6.