[ovirt-users] Error while executing action: Cannot add Host. Host with the same UUID already exists.

Eli Mesika emesika at redhat.com
Sun Jun 21 08:03:10 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

this is only part of the work, now you have junk in some of your table

The right way is to call

SELECT DeleteVds(<uuid>);

the body of this SP is :

---Start---
UPDATE vm_static
      SET dedicated_vm_for_vds = null
      WHERE dedicated_vm_for_vds = v_vds_id;
      DELETE FROM tags_vds_map
      WHERE vds_id = v_vds_id;
   -- Delete all Vds Alerts from the database
      PERFORM DeleteAuditLogAlertsByVdsID(v_vds_id);
      DELETE FROM vds_statistics WHERE vds_id = v_vds_id;
      DELETE FROM vds_dynamic WHERE vds_id = v_vds_id;
      DELETE FROM vds_static WHERE vds_id = v_vds_id;
      DELETE FROM permissions where object_id = v_vds_id;

Please verify that you complete the missing operations manually and consult with us in future before doing anything directly on the database

Thanks