[ovirt-users] Problem connecting to ovirt-optimizer machine

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Sun Jun 21 09:18:20 UTC 2015

On 18/06/15 17:56, Hans-Joachim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm playing around with the optimizer. For a full CentOS 6 oVIRT 3.5.3 cluster, I've installed a CentOS7 ovirt-optimizer machine as described in "Trying out oVirt's Probabilistic Optimizer".
>
> All works fine... the only thing is, I can't get a connection form the engine.
>
> When I try from this host a:
>> telnet ovirt-optimizer 8080
> GET /ovirt-optimizer/result/
> The requested resource (Could not find resource for full path: http://ovirt.optimizer:8080/ovirt-optimizer/result/) is not available.
>
> server.log shows
> 16:44:01,841 FEIN  [org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher] (http--0.0.0.0-8080-1) PathInfo: /result/
> 16:44:01,842 FEIN  [org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher] (http--0.0.0.0-8080-1) Failed executing GET /result/: org.jboss.resteasy.spi.NotFoundException: Could not find resource for full path: http://ovirt-optimizer:8080/ovirt-optimizer/result/
>         at org.jboss.resteasy.core.registry.Segment.match(Segment.java:81) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.3.2.Final.jar:]
>         at org.jboss.resteasy.core.registry.SimpleSegment.matchSimple(SimpleSegment.java:33) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.3.2.Final.jar:]
>         at org.jboss.resteasy.core.registry.RootSegment.matchChildren(RootSegment.java:327) [resteasy-jaxrs-2.3.2.Final.jar:]
>
> Any tips, how to solve this?
>
> Thank you
>
> Hans-Joachim

Hi Hans,
Some general notes;
First of all it would be best to separate the optimizer to a different
machine, even if a VM. This is needed since the optimizer is based on
OptaPlanner which uses all the memory it can get for optimizations.

To the point this is either something going wrong in the installation or
an access issue. Access can be caused due to root certificate not
trusted by the browser. If you use
wget https://ovirt.optimizer:8080/ovirt-optimizer/result/
do you get an issue / warning on unknown certificate?