[ovirt-users] VDSM memory consumption

Federico Alberto Sayd fsayd at uncu.edu.ar
Fri Mar 6 16:12:57 UTC 2015

Hello:

I am experiencing troubles with VDSM memory consuption.

I am running

Engine: ovirt 3.5.1

Nodes:

Centos 6.6
VDSM 4.16.10-8
Libvirt: libvirt-0.10.2-46
Kernel: 2.6.32

When the host boots, memory consuption is normal, but after 2 or 3 days
running, VDSM memory consuption grows and it consumes more memory that
all vm's running in the host. If I restart the vdsm service, memory
consuption normalizes, but then it start growing again.

I have seen some BZ about vdsm and supervdsm about memory leaks, but I
don't know if VDSM 4.6.10.8 is still affected by a related bug.

Any help? If you need, I can provide more information

Thank you