[ovirt-users] bonding 802.3ad mode

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Wed Mar 18 16:17:55 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm used to create a mode 4 bond0 interface with two 1 Gb/s interfaces
on all my hosts, and ethtool bond0 gives me a functionnal 2000Mb/s.
However, when importing a vm from the export domain (NFS with a speed of
4GB/s), I always have this alert:
"Host siple has network interface which exceeded the defined threshold
[95%] (em3: transmit rate[0%], receive rate [100%])"
It seems that the second nic never works while the first one is overloaded.
Is it an expected behaviour? I believed that the flow was balanced
between the two interfaces in 802.3ad mode.