[ovirt-users] Ovirt GusterFS assistance

Jonathan Mathews jm3185951 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 08:40:14 UTC 2015

Hi I am trying to setup an Ovirt, Glusterfs, VM servers. I have followed
examples on setting up Ovirt and they have helped me so far, but not the
end point that I am looking for.
The web sites are:
http://community.redhat.com/blog/2014/10/up-and-running-with-ovirt-3-5/
http://community.redhat.com/blog/2014/05/ovirt-3-4-glusterized/
http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2012/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/2012-lpc-virt-storage-virt-kvm-rao.pdf

I am running 3 HP micro servers and 2 HP DL360 G5
The 3 micro servers are my glusterfs storage and have been provisioned for
virt storage.
The 2 DL360 are my processing machines.

Now my 3 gluster hosts are in one cluster, the volume is in up status and
has been provisioned for Virt Storage. But the problem is that my mount
point is directed to one server, so when that server goes down, the volume
storage domain goes down. I am not sure whether there is a way of mounting
it by a "volume identity", so when a server goes down the storage domain
stays up.

With my 2 processing hosts, I have them in one cluster, but I have not
gotten any where with this, as I want the Virtual machines to use the
gluster volume as storage but use the processing hosts hardware for
processing power.

I would appreciate any assistance.