[ovirt-users] My feedback on network setting after installing OVirt

John Joseph jjk_saji at yahoo.com
Sun May 10 11:37:39 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Like to give my feedback about how the network interface behaved after OVirt
I have used

CentOS 6.6 64 bit, updated

Ovirt stable from the repo

Now after the installation, and configuration you  get "ovirtmgmt" interface and "ovirtmgmt" interface gets the IP address and everything is fine . Now reboot it

result is that when you give ifconfig , eth0 is not displayed and "ovirtmgmt" do not have IP address

This stage solved by giving ifconfig eth0 up

and restarting the network, it will give "ovirtmgmt" an IP now

I tested it using different installation, with DHCP or manual configuration for eth0 , in both the case the same experience

Giving my feedback,

thanks