[ovirt-users] Unable to Delete a VM snapshot .

Kumar R, Prashanth (Prashanth) pkumarr at avaya.com
Mon May 11 12:12:47 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I am facing issue in deleting a VM snapshot.
I am using ovirt-engine-sdk-java-3.5.0.5.jar

According to the SDK API,I can delete a VM using :
api.getVMs().get(vmName).getSnapshots().getById(snapshotId).delete();

But there is no way to fetch the snapshot ID of a particular snapshot.

Or

List<VMSnapshot> vmSnapshots = api.getVMs().get(vmName).getSnapshots().list();
     for (VMSnapshot vmSnapshot : vmSnapshots) {
      if(vmSnapshot.getDescription() == snapshotdescription){
         vmSnapshot.delete();
      }

I cannot use the above snippet of code to delete a snapshot,but the multiple snapshots for a vm can be created with the same description.

So is there a way to create a snapshot with a snapshot name assigned to it.
SO that delete,restore opeartions can be performed based on the snapshot name .

Thanks,
Prashanth R