[ovirt-users] MAC spoofing for specific VMs

Christopher Young mexigabacho at gmail.com
Tue May 12 18:24:45 UTC 2015

Yep.  I had found that and applied it.  Great solution!   I actually wrote
about it to the zen load balancer list.  I will add it here for
semi-documentation:

------
 just wanted to follow-up so that it is documented on how to get this
working on oVirt/RHEV.  I had to install a VDSM hook to allow mac-spoofing
as a VM custom property like so (on each node):

yum install vdsm-hook-macspoof

That requires a restart of vdsmd on the node as well as a process on the
oVirt/RHEV engine:

engine-config -s "UserDefinedVMProperties=macspoof=(true|false)"

Which then requires a restart of the oVirt/RHEV engine.

After that, there will be an available custom properly on the VM called
'macspoof' that can be set to 'true'.  Once I did this and shutdown/powered
on the VMs, the cluster setup now completes successfully.  You learn
something every day.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  The one thing I wish I had
on these VMs is the ovirt-guest-agent which would likely work except that
Debian 6 doesn't seem to have python-ethtool package/deps.  If there are
any plans to update the version of Debian that ZLB is based on, let me know.

-----