[ovirt-users] Adding FCP - Request for comments

Fábio Coelho fabio.coelho at jfsc.jus.br
Wed May 20 17:09:37 UTC 2015

Thoughts about Adding Storage Luns

As I am new here, I would appreciate some advice about some actions that I intend to perform, please read.

I have added a LUN to my cluster and, for that task, I had to restart every node of it. There was no LUNs before, multipathd was stopped and multipath.conf inexisted. I was able to log in and manually configure multipath.conf, a simple multipathd start was not enough.

If this wasn't enough, my double NetAPP ( through an Hitachi ) provided me with a not so empty brand new LUN, and the task to add the FCP failed to point this. Trusting my double, I spent some precious time searching for different problems, until receiving some guidance and do a simple dd if=/dev/zero to the initial blocks of the LUN.

Consulting the documentation ( http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_Administration_Guide#Adding_FCP_Storage ) for this matters, was not of any help.

So, my questions:

This is the intended behavior? Should I open a ticket?

Should I add a note to documentation to point such behavior? ( i'm about to )

Cheers,

by qoelheX

Aviso Legal

A informação contida neste e-mail e em seus anexos pode ser restrita, sendo o emitente deste responsável por seu conteúdo e endereçamento. Se você não for a pessoa autorizada a receber esta mensagem e tendo recebido a mesma por engano, favor apagá-la imediatamente. A JFSC considera opiniões, conclusões e outras informações não oficiais de responsabilidade do usuário deste serviço.