[ovirt-users] oVirt Instability with Dell Compellent via iSCSI/Multipath

Chris Jones - BookIt.com Systems Administrator chris.jones at bookit.com
Thu May 21 19:49:23 UTC 2015

I've applied the multipath.conf and iscsi.conf changes you recommended.
It seems to be running better. I was able to bring up all the hosts and
VMs without it falling apart.

I'm still seeing the domain "in problem" and "recovered" from problem
warnings in engine.log, though. They were happening only when hosts were
activating and when I was mass launching many VMs. Is this normal?

2015-05-21 15:31:32,264 WARN
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.irsbroker.IrsProxyData]
(org.ovirt.thread.pool-8-thread-13) domain
c46adffc-614a-4fa2-9d2d-954f174f6a39:db_binlog_1 in problem. vds:
blade6c2.ism.ld
2015-05-21 15:31:47,468 INFO
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.irsbroker.IrsProxyData]
(org.ovirt.thread.pool-8-thread-4) Domain
c46adffc-614a-4fa2-9d2d-954f174f6a39:db_binlog_1 recovered from problem.
vds: blade6c2.ism.ld

Here's the vdsm log from a node the engine was warning about
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yaubaxax1w499f1/vdsm2.log.gz?dl=1. It's
trimmed to just before and after it happened.

What is that repo stat command from your previous email, Nir? "repostat
vdsm.log" I don't see it on the engine or the node. Is it used to parse
the log? Where can I find it?

Thanks again.